We are an independent and local charity with a mission to ensure that our patients, and those close to them, live with the best possible quality of life. We do this by providing the highest standard of compassionate and evidence-based specialist palliative and end of life care for adults in Calderdale who have active, progressive, life-limiting illnesses.
Philosophy of care
We care for the whole person and their family, friends and carers. We respect each patient’s priorities and strive to enable them to achieve their personal goals.
• The support of our community, without which we could not raise the funds necessary to provide care. We value every penny raised.
• The contribution and diversity of our staff and volunteers.
• Partnership and collaboration with other health and social care professionals – the patient has the best experience when we work together.
• A culture of learning and continuous improvement, team work, professionalism, honesty, inclusiveness and kindness.
• Feedback that helps us to learn and improve.